Syrian Print-Media Archive
In 2013, in an effort to preserve the history of the Syrian conflict and provide easy access to information for Syrians, Enab Baladi launched a national archiving project to preserve the Syrian memory by archiving Syrian print-media (newspapers and magazines) and presenting them for free to all Syrians, current and future generations. As of November 2016, the Syrian Print-Media Archive had over 6,855 issues of around 296 different newspapers, including pro-Syrian-regime newspapers, that adds up to over 100,000 pages of Syrian print media. The project website not only archives and presents newspapers, but it also provides other services, such as:
• The search inside newspapers text and advanced search features
• Browse/Search Syrian authors/columnists and read their articles
• Infographics about the Syrian print-media landscape
• Research papers that examine one topic and how the Syrian media covered it; and
• Monthly newsletters that provide brief overview of what the Syrian newspapers focused on in a certain month.